BREAKING NEWS
latest

The Art of Janie McGee

Sunflower Dance for the Morning Song " Precious Lord Take My Hand I had two Grandmothers, they have passed on What lives, lives in me Old quilt, ice cream parties Herbal chewing sticks and worn shoes Pictures of their peace Hands tired from the labor of this world Smiles that saw beyond my peanut butter grins The smell of coal ovens The feel of warm hugs and old white pearls The sound of making it up steps and resting In ancient chairs Hands that guided me to pray Pushing candy out of my mouth on Sunday White folded handkerchiefs and rumpled Dresses from story time Eyes longing for the Lord Bodies tired from this world Resting in songs sang from the heart With hearts open from the past’s reflection Precious Lord take my hand....
« PREV
NEXT »

No comments